Breast Deformer comparisons - includes reference nudity - probably NSFW

There are a few products out there that let you mimic the imprint of applying pressure to breasts. Some are simply not worth the effort. Some do a good job. These are the four I am reviewing today:

https://www.daz3d.com/fg-dforce-breast-presets-for-genesis-8-female

https://www.daz3d.com/hs-dforce-breast-for-genesis-2-through-genesis-8-female

https://www.daz3d.com/ghost-dynamics

https://www.renderotica.com/store/cat/8344_checkQS/sku/61170_Breastacular-For-Genesis-8-Female

It happens all the time. You’re posing your Genesis 8 Female character and you come face to face with the reality that you can’t use certain poses because their arms intersect their breasts. Or your character is Lying on the ground and their breasts go through the floor. These products are meant to be solutions to these problems. Some work better than others. For this review I ran three tests - A self-grope test, a clothing test, and a floor test.

Breastacular

This one creates a geoshell and hides the original body part. The geoshell has the properties needed to make deformable breasts. The problems with a geoshell solution are that clothes don’t conform to the geoshell and geoshells don’t always work nicely with other geoshell products like Golden Palace. Of the solutions, this one is the easiest to work with.

Test Results:

Handprint: Good

Laying: Nope to Fair

Clothes: Nope

Pros: Easy to use. Comes with many useful breast add-ons and modifiers

Cons: Tricky if you use more than one Geoshell, such as Golden Palace or Futalicious

Secret: You can edit the geoshell to hide the parts of the body covered by the other products geoshell.

Bottom Line: You need this if you do nudes.

Ghost Dynamics

This uses native collision and smoothing, but adds props to collide with. Supposedly the ghost props don’t appear in renders. This is true if they don’t intersect with any of the objects or models that are being rendered. Clothing is unaffected by this, meaning it’s useless on clothed areas. Perhaps some clothing can be maniupulated using ghost dynamics as well, but the clothing I used did not work with Ghost Dynamics.

Test Results:

Handprint: Awkward to pose - limited to shapes of the provided props hands.

Laying: Nope

Clothes: Nope

Pros: Not just Breasts, usable on any object. This is the real selling point here and perhaps the one that makes this worth the price.

Cons: Leaves artifacts in Render. Limited posability.

Secret: All you need is the Add Smoothing button - Anything can be the collision object. And you can accomplish the same thing in Edit–>Figure–>Geometry–>Add Smoothing Modifier. Instead of using a prop to manipulate what your characters hand is doing to their own body, add a pair of gloves as the collision object. Make them invisible (hide them) if you don’t want to see them.

Bottom Line: Save your money. Just learn to add Smoothing Modifiers and Collision Objects to your figures.

HS dForce Breast for Genesis 2 Through Genesis 8 Female

There are two significant differences in the above picture: First she is blonde because I had to create a new figure and didn’t change the hair. Second, she is actually lifting her breasts up, not just indenting the bottom of them.

Adds a dForce subsurface prop to the model, which the skin conforms to when the prop is deformed. To use this, you must start with the provided G8F model with prop model and add any character you are using to that figure. They do provide a prop to add to an existing model, but this doesn’t seem to be working.

Easily the most versatile of the products here, when it comes to breasts. Another downside is the need to animate into the pose. You must start your models in a non-contact position and move them into contact.

Test Results:

Handprint: Good

Laying: Fair to Good

Clothes: Fair

Pros: You don’t need a Renderotica account to buy it. This is the only one that moves the whole breast when part is pressed.

Cons: You need to animate into the final pose. Doesn’t really add to an existing model; you have to start with their G8F base character. You can then add a character to that model, but that takes several minutes with a good computer.

Bottom Line: You need this.

FG dforce Breast Presets for Genesis 8 Female

Just Nope.

Bottom Line: Don’t bother with this one.

1 Like

Wow! What an awesome review! Thanks for sharing!

Just an FYI I did edit your post to include a “nsfw” tag only. Just in case at some future time someone may want to filter-in (or -out) “nsfw” from any current or future reviews.

I started to do a tutorial on Ghost Dynamics yesterday after I published the Content Wizard tutorial but then I realized I might as well do a tutorial on Smoothing Modifiers instead. :joy:

1 Like

I think for Poser, the Cloth Room and for DAZ Studio, D’Force would be better served by breaking up the body parts, like breasts, into their own surface area and setting them up with low amounts of “draping” to get hand imprints and sitting on a hand or other squish sorts of looks looking more natural.

1 Like

So help me the next major version of Studio and Genesis better bring us soft body physics and dynamics so we don’t have to jump through so many hoops to get realistic booty presses on a seat or a body laying down on a mattress or seat cushion. And would it kill them to let me dforce a pair of pants over a penis? Not even a giant futa penis! Just a normal man-dick. Let me squish that junk in a pair of trunks and dforce some briefs over it all and then maybe a pair of jeans.

1 Like

We will get there eventually but for now it is what it is!

It is disappointing to have to remove genitalia to add pants. If you do it wrong, the pants end up with a hole where the gens would be.

To help counter that I just scale the gens to 1%. No hole and the gens (poor guys) gets small enough to not interfere with the pants.

1 Like

Great article! Its always an issue knowing what to buy on the Daz store (if its any good), so this is a real help.

The issue I always seem to have is having the breasts collide with each other (cleavage in a tight dress), with the Breastacular gloves you can get nice collisions with arms and hands but not with the breasts themselves :frowning:

Would love to see a similar article on the various breast shaping plugins too. I have two of them (‘Breastacular’ and ‘Breast Control Genesis 8 Female’) but I know of at least one other (‘Breast Utilities for Genesis 8 Female’).

Maybe I’ll cave and buy that one too, then I can write my own article :wink:

Adding review for

HS dForce Hip and Breast V2 for Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1 Females

This is an improvement from V1

PROS: same as V1 except this can be added to an existing model.

CONS: requires animation to function. The dForce is fragile and really wants to explode. The gap in the cleavage. The product provides 3 buttons, but this is a 4step process to add to a model.

If you know how to use dForce and set surfaces to deforce and turn dforce on and off for models as you go, this is fine. If you have V1 and breastacular, you don’t need this at all unless the hip corrections are worth it for you.

Bottom line: not for $25. If you don’t have V1, get that. If you do, get breastacular and you’ve covered the bases. If you think the hip smoothing is worth it, spend some money on this. In my opinion this is not worth the spend.

1 Like

Adding Review for Squishy Human

Pros: Not just the breasts are squishy. Cons: Have to load as a base model and add a character - Hint, don’t add the character to the model. Add the morphs/shape and the materials manually.

As with most of these, its best to pose with animation. Not the best with breasts, but not bad at all. More important it’s not just the breasts that become squishy,

Bottom Line: Get these. Now!