DAZ3D March Madness for March 13, 2021

DAZ3D March Madness for March 13, 2021

Today’s promo is “A Cataclysmic Wonder”.

First up is an awesome Australian outback set/ environment by AcharyaPolina of the Australian bush. Includes different ground planes, rocks, hills, trees, and an single engine top-wing airplane.

This is a huge yes for me! You never can have enough sets or environments to put your figures in. Buying!

Next we’ve got some realistic hair shaders for both Iray _and_ Filament from Fuseling.

This set is perfect for re-shading your existing hair to bring new life into old and boring items you may have sitting in your Content Library. Or maybe you have a bunch of old 3DL hair with no Iray materials? Now you can give them Iray shaders.

And, if you’re now taking more advantage of the new Filament rendering engine, these native Filmaent shaders will help give your characters’ hair the most realistic and appropriate look for the rendering engine.

This is a huge yes for me! Shader packs don’t care what gender your characters are. They’re some of the most useful items you can have in your Content Library! Buying!

Next we’ve got a tied-off crop-top blouse and mini-skirt for G8 females from Mytilus complete with heels.

I am calling bullshit on this item. It’s called the “Home Office Outfit” for G8F.

First off, most women I know working from home aren’t even wearing a bra, let alone a crop-top and mini skirt, and who the hell is wearing heels while they’re working from home either?

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a cute outfit, and I’m getting this, but whoever came up with this product name was smoking crack.

Like I said, I’m picking this up. A girl can never have enough clothes, but none of my female characters would ever wear this outfit while working from home though. Buying!

Next we’ve got a set of alternate materials released by OutOfTouch for their 2021-04 hair.

Next up is a pose set for the IGD Badlands Bodyguard from Islandgirl that is meant to work with the APC SkullForge product.

This pose set positions and poses your male or female character on and around the APC SkullForge vehicle performing various tasks and maneuvers.

If I’m being honest most of these are pretty generic poses though. Laying on the ground, hands held up in surrender, holding a weapon, sitting and leaning, carrying a Jerry Can, sitting, sitting, and more sitting. But there’s some military poses and gestures too.

If you already have 1000 different poses for your Genesis 8 characters you probably don’t need this pose pack. If not, or if you’d like to have poses specifically made for these items at your ready then go right ahead. IslandGirl releases some good poses and you probably won’t be disappointed.

This is a no for me, only because I don’t need these poses. Pass!

Next up is quad-axle armored personnel carrier from Sade.

This vehicle wold be perfect for your dystopian or cyberpunk scenes and renders. Those wheels and tires though are quite exposed. Wouldn’t want to put that vehicle in a combat zone.

Still, it’s a cool looking vehicle and I can make use of it. Buying!

Next up is an alternate material set for the APC Skullforge personnel carrier from Sade that adds Army desert Camouflage, Army green, and black & yellow Police colors and markings.

Pass.

Next up is an alternate material set for the APC Skullforge personnel carrier APC SkullForge Weapons from Sade that adds Barbie pink, black and white, and rust bucket colors and markings to your vehicle, turret, and barrel.

Pass.

Next up is a gun turret, gun barrel, rocket launcher, and muzzle flash for the APC Skullforge personnel carrier from Sade that turns your armored personnel carrier effectively into a tank.

This is a yes for me since it turns the personnel carrier into a completely different vehicle. Buying!

So that’s it for today. A truly dystopian theme for today.

Please let me know what you thought about this writeup below. Thank you for reading.

The giant license plate on the skull forge vehicle distracts me. I am not sure why it is 4 times larger than it should be. Every time I look at it, it is all I see. The rails are interesting, but not sure one needs to give the enemy a way to cling to the vehicle.

I didn’t buy today. I have enough armored vehicles and women’s content,

Thanks for the review.

1 Like

Depends what kind of work they do at home, I guess. :slight_smile:

Incidentally, the “rails” on the vehicle that @Serene comments on are called “slat armor”, and can be found on some real-world fighting vehicles. Some types of anti-tank munitions work by detonating a shaped explosive charge against the armor; a fuse in the nose of the munition triggers the round so that it explodes at exactly the right time to do the most damage (you can read up on the somewhat complex science behind the effect by Googling for “high-explosive anti-tank” or HEAT). Slat armor is intended to provide lightweight protection by triggering the explosive too soon or otherwise interfering with the round. Instead of exploding right up against the inner layer of solid armor, the HEAT round explodes in the ‘air gap’ between the slats and the armor. Or at least that’s the theory. Slat armor is less used now because there are newer, better defenses, but it was cheap to fit to vehicles, didn’t weigh them down much, and was reasonably effective.

From the description, it sounds as if you can turn off the slats, so if you don’t like the look, you can do without it.

Incidentally, I did get a giggle out of the skin labeled “Pink Panzer”. What can I say? I’m a sucker for bad puns.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that little factoid! That’s very interesting!

1 Like