DAZ3D March Madness for March 23, 2021

DAZ3D March Madness for March 23, 2021

Today’s promo is “War Goblins”.

On another note I’ve been suspended from Facebook for 30 days for telling a FB scammer/ catfish to piss-off. I look forward to these FB bans now as when they occur my productivity levels shoot way up!

And if you didn’t know, it was another one of these bans from back in January that prompted me to start this series!

Anyhow, to the releases!

First up is a male dwarf character for G8M from Spows.

I’m confused. The promo today is all about goblins, but this dude’s promo page says he’s a dwarf? :slight_smile:

He’s intricately detailed with a character preset (face & body morph combined), 2 skin options, normal maps, something called “subdermal options” (I’ve never seen that before), 14 eye options, makeup options (!), and 5 eyebrow materials. Genital maps are not listed.

I don’t render fairy tale or fantasy scenes so it’s going to be a hard pass for me. Sorry! But he’s an amazing looking character.

Next up is a set of five fantasy sword collection from fjaa3d.

Features five separate swords, poses to place the sword in either your figure’s left hand or right hand, and multiple material options for the sword, gems, grips, handles, and lights.

It’s going to be a no for me on this one since I rarely render any scenes involving swords.

Next up is a male goblin character from Josh Crockett.

Josh is an amazing character creator and 3D sculptor, and this goblin character is amazing and very highly detailed (Level 4 SubD).

This release comes with a character preset, shape preset, and materials. Genital textures are not listed.

I’m going to have to pass on this one as well. I simply don’t render goblins. Sorry! But he’s a beautiful creature though.

Next up is a dforce male wardrobe outfit from Anna Benjamin, Barbara Brundon, and Umblefugly that looks like something Frodo would wear as he’s exploring mord looking for The Ring.

It comes with pants, shirt, vest, backpack, mug, walkingstick, lantern, and pipe.

It’s interesting that we don’t actually know what this set looks like as only a smooth-shaded render promo is provided. :man_shrugging:

But it’s going to be a no for me. This is a very niche outfit for fantasy scenes and renders, and that’s just not my gig.

Next up is an alternate material set for the male wardrobe outfit released above from Moonscape Graphics and Sade.

This next release is … quite interesting. It’s a saddle for a dog from Barbara Brundon, Moonscape Graphics, and Sade.

Four distinct different materials are listed in the promos, and that’s about it.

Not sure I would ever want to put a saddle on a dog. It’s not like a dog can carry much weight on his or her back and legs.

Pass.

Next up is an expansion to Ultra Scenery that adds wetlands, streams, waterways, dirt roads, boardwalks, and decks from HowieFarkes and TangoAlpha.

If your scenes call for any inland water then this environemnt will help.

And this is going to be a must buy for me. As I’ve said before, you can never have too many sets or environments to place your figures in! Just don’t forget to bring the bug spray.

Next up is a hierarchical pose set for Medusa from Ensary.

This release adds 20 hierarchical poses for the Medusa character.

It’s going to be a no for me on this one as well. Sorry. :frowning:

Next up is a new, young, European, female character from Lyoness.

This character features a head & body morph, lashes, different fingernail types, 10 makeup options, 4 eye liners, 10 lip colors, 9 nail designs, eye lash colors, genital maps, and more.

She’s a beautiful character, but I’m going to have to pass. I have way too many female characters as it is. Sorry!

Next up are some skull-themed funky Iray fabric shaders from OziChick and hotlilme74.

33 patterned cotton, 33 patterned silk, 11 plain cotton, 11 plain silk, and includes sizing, and tiling utilities.

Yes. Buying. :slight_smile: Because releases like this are perfect for re-texturing your existing wardrobe.

Next up is a utility that adds Iray moss and lichen to bricks and stone from MartinJFrost.

It basically helps you turn your existing stone structures into really old structures by adding natural moss and lichen to the stone. It’s designed to complement the Ancient Stones utility.

And it’s going to be a buy for me. This set quickly turns your architecture elements in very old pieces adding a sense of time and realism to your scenes.

Last up is a pose set for the goblin released today and the DAZ Dire Wolf from Ensary.

Ok, well at least now I understand why they released a freakin’ saddle for a dog. LOL!

This pose set has 10 separate poses for the goblin character, and 10 separate poses for the dog. I mean wolf.

Still.

Pass.

And that’s it for me today. Until next time, please be kind to yourself and to each other!

And as always, please let me know if you have any comments or feedback about these posts. The good. The bad. And the ugly.

Thanks for reading!

The mutha Zucker really has it in for you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh well. Like I said, I’m much more productive without Facebook so I’m not too worried. I’ll just be hanging out here, on Twitter, and on DeviantArt. I haven’t tried to login to my Instagram account. I wonder if it’s suspended as well.

The zuckerbots got me last year, in December. I am in warning mode, for an entire year. Their bans are super strange.

I am left cold by the dogs with riders, which is horrible for their backs, I agree. As a doggo lover, I find it painful to even look at them.

I am somewhat tired of the World of Warcraft and Tolkien content.

Neither the dwarf figure or the goblin appear to have genitals. And while I don’t have a particular use for them, if I wanted to use the skin on another figure, this would be a detraction. I prefer RawArt for this reason as he doesn’t skim on the elements.

1 Like

Josh Crockett is a bit prudish about such stuff, he has very far right views going by Facebook, I stopped following him as he made a lot of very racist comments too, politics I don’t care but racism I consider a dealbreaker. While it shouldn’t change one’s view of a person as a 3D artist it can influence what they model and why.

2 Likes