DAZ3D March Madness for March 24, 2021

DAZ3D March Madness for March 24, 2021

Today’s promo is “A Day at The Museum”.

I am trying something new today, and it’s either going to flop very badly or this might secretly be a genius thing I’ve come up with.

I’ve been torn over the past month or so with the format for these posts.

I don’t really think a forum post is the most appropriate type of post for these posts. Meaning, I’ve been struggling with putting all this stuff into just one post. It just hasn’t felt right to me somehow.

Yet, publishing 8-10 separate forum posts is certainly the wrong move also.

So I’ve come up with a hybrid solution. I don’t know if this is going to work for you or even if this makes any sense so please (please, please) let me know your thoughts in the comments.

It’s a hair-brain release today. Female hair released with different textures, a new female character, some university sets and environments, women’s pyjamas, a steampunk dog, and some antique telephones. Oh, and some navel morphs. Sadly, not a single man in sight. :frowning:

So that’s it for today. I’m really curious to find out how you guys like this. This is kinda more of what I had in mind for these types of posts. Basically a summary with a thumbnail and then linking to something more in-depth.

But I totally get it if that’s not what you guys want (or expect).

In any event, sorry it took me so long to get this out this morning.

As always, please let me know what you think! The good, but more importantly the bad!

And until next time, please be kind to yourself, and to each other.

My feedback, is the cells, are cutting off your delectable text, especially on the ipad. I like to read all your thoughts about each product, and I can’t seem to. Here is a pic

They’re actually separate posts. What happens if you click the blue text (link)? :hugs:

1 Like

sorry, didn’t realize that was a hyperlink. It takes me to a popup window with the details.

First off, I completely get why you’re trying it this way (save leg work posting same content in two places), must be a pain to do.

I have to confess though I don’t like having to click on a link to open a new tab and then click on a link to open another tab to see the product on the DAZ site (I’m lazy I’ll admit it!) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Maybe if you had a link to your review and a separate link to the actual product on these posts it would be better (but more work again for you I suppose).

I do like reading about what has been released though so thanks for your efforts :+1:

oh, I am unclear. Should I leave commentary here about the navel morphs or under the popout wicndow about them?

Whatever you want. :slight_smile:

Yeah. I get that. I’m struggling with that too. I don’t like having one giant monolithic post. It seems disjointed if that makes any sense. Was trying something new. And I just set up the blog last night. I’ve been meaning to do a separate blog outside of my portfolio for things. More to have a permanent “record” so to speak. My portfolio is for my art that I can’t post on DeviantArt and also to give me a “home” for my brand and my art in the event a service shuts down and the like. Not like I’m planning to shut U3DF down! But I never intended U3DF to be just DAZ studio only. And I fear the more of these posts I make here the more it cements and solidifies this as being a DAZ Studio only site. Maybe as I venture more into Blender and Unreal and Source Film Make I’ll start adding stuff for that. Things I learn on the way. I guess I didn’t anticipate people clicking on every link in every post though. :wink: I can see where that would get annoying.

I think I like your stream of consciousness mode from the past few days better. I didn’t find it confusing at all to read.

Ok. I have an idea for tomorrow. Just hope I will remember it! LOL

1 Like

On the subject of the navel product. I could really use it. The male navel is a bit like men’s feet and hands sort of overlooked. One of my guys barely has a navel at all. It would be invaluable to have a male navel product that was separate from the body morph.

I agree about the doggo. I am a sucker for dog products (as long as it doesn’t look like a goblin flying through the air breaking the dogs spine when riding them).

i absolutely love the look of it, with the thumbnails. Bit annoying having to click on link to go to blog and then go to daz, but i can shrug that off - I just love the look of the format. :slight_smile:

Glad you like it! This kind of was the original plan I had in my head for doing these. But whatever works best for folks! It’s not that much extra work to past in the copy into a new window. Everything is markdown anyway. No conversions needed so it doesn’t take that much extra time.