Iray HDRI Reshade

Hi, I was wondering, has any bought and tried this out? Iray HDRI Reshade | Daz 3D

Is it good? If it’s just recoloring the HDRI I can do that myself in layered image editor.

1 Like

I haven’t got it myself but it seems clear from the description that it’s just a way to edit your HDRI image. Just a second opinion to confirm your suspicions, I mean. If you can do that yourself then what’s the point? I know I can do all that in Photoshop so, I wouldn’t look at it twice. I’ve made quite a lot of basic lighting HDRI’s in Photoshop using 32bit images. You can even make your own HDRI’s within Daz Studio itself from your own scenes.

2 Likes

Oh, and you probably know but you can change the toning of the HDRI in Daz Studio by using the Tone Mapping settings. Just choose the opposite colour to shift the tone of the scene. I use that a lot when I want to colour grading within Daz.

2 Likes

Yep, I made my own HDRI in photoshop too, I like to use tone mapping as well. I guess I’ll pass on buying it then. Thanks for the reply.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I have it and it is straightforward to use. Just set up a dome and scene lighting and then choose the re-shade you like. This is a render aI made using the ‘cool mint’ re-shade. Enforcer_png_icon

2 Likes

yeah, sounds like you don’t need it then. Save your money for something you can’t make. :slight_smile:

I have it. Saves some time unless you’d prefer setting the functionality up for yourself.

1 Like