I’m pretty much a lurker around here though I pop in every once in a while.
I liked that last contest that ran and there were some pretty good entries so I thought I’d sponsor my own!
I’m calling it the FUN IN THE SUN 2021 CONTEST!
Two Categories. One SFW (Safe for Work) and one NSFW (Not Safe for Work).
The prizes are:
First Place: $25 DAZ, Renderosity, or Renderotica Gift Certificate (winner’s choice)
Second Place: $15 DAZ, or Renderosity, Gift Certificate (winner’s choice, Renderotica doesn’t have $15 Gift Certificates unfortunately.)
Third Place: $10.00 DAZ, Renderosity, or Renderotica Gift Certificate (winner’s choice).
- The contest will run from July 1st through July 31st. Submissions will only be accepted for consideration during this window.
- You may submit an unlimited number of entries and each entry will be individually considered so long as each entry meets the requirements specified here.
- The theme is “Fun In The Sun”. What this means is entirely up for interpretation and up to the artist. I am looking for uniqueness and originality and something I haven’t seen before.
- Any 3D program can be used. Any 3D assets can be used. (Purchased or self-created.) The only requirement here is that the medium used to create the art is 3D graphics, and that the artwork is rendered and not drawn.
- Post-work is fine.
- Safe For Work submissions must be submitted to the Showcase category and tagged #FunInTheSun2021.
- NSFW submissions must be submitted to the Risque Business or Risque Men category and tagged #FunInTheSun2021 as well as #NSFW.
- Animations are okay too.
- Every submission must be its own unique post (do not piggy-back your submission onto someone else’s or it won’t be considered) and include the following:
- The render (duh )
- A list of all assets and software used to create the image. If you created the asset yourself, please say so. If you purchased an asset please list from where.
- A paragraph or two describing your work and the idea behind it.
- Proper tags as specified above (#FunInTheSun2021 and optional #NSFW if the work is NSFW.)
- Only one winner will be selected and only one prize awarded to each submitter from each category. For example, if you submit an entry for both the NSFW and SFW categories, and you win First Place in the NSFW category, you will be ineligible to win any of the other prizes. To put it another way, a winner can only win one prize, not multiples.
- Entries will be judged and scored by me and some friends on August 1st based on Figures, Uniqueness, Composition, and Kitbashing with the winners announced that day or shortly thereafter.
- Shortly after the winners are announced I will reach out to them via PM about their prize.
Questions can be submitted below, but any submissions must be made to the appropriate groups listed above.