Non Fungible Tokens

And the hell is with “Fungible” stupid ass name. I know it’s a technical term, but Jesus I am like yay we can have tokens without mushrooms. Cool. Can they for once just make normal terms that make sense to people. Jesus.

NFTs change nothing except rile up people who don’t understand them. All the panic about art theft when it’s no different than yesterday when someone could print your picture and sell it as a limited edition print. It’s not a copyright replacement - it’s a limited print run replacement. An established copyright will always take precedence over an NFT. The panic about video card shortages is likewise past it’s date. The days of making money mining for cryptocurrency are past unless someone else pays your electric bill.

And I do think Daz made a poor choice of artists to broker their art. But if Daz wants to start brokering art - I don’t care. It’s a no-risk investment for them. If they make money from it, good for them. They won’t lose money because they don’t warehouse anything. They just provide a link to Open Sea and make a cut of the profits or money per click. If artists are making money selling Daz created art, that means artists are buying daz models, which is still and will continue to be Daz’s main stream of income.

This is much ado about nothing - without the witty banter.

I guess I no longer need to bid-on or buy these NFTs, right?

new-08 new-09

1 Like

If you want to spend 280 bucks on that crap, that’s up to you, but to me it’s not worth it. I don’t think the proper target market for these is other 3d Artists. I think the target audience is idiots with too much money.

2 Likes

I mean, I’ve got the images right here. Now I no longer need to buy them!

4 Likes

LOL well I now cannot post on the forum with out mod pre approval. I said considerably less than others still posting so it is definitely because the DAZ moderation team don’t like me! Wolf made far less posts and said very little and got the same semiban. They used this to cherry-pick the posters they don’t like!

1 Like

I’ve been spanked enough in the forums for this issue, but my feeling is, I rarely buy other people’s art. I can make my own.

No one is going to steal your gallery art, if they hadn’t already stolen it before. NFT is not suddenly going to make crappy art popular. Sorry kiddos.

I wouldn’t mind if the store offered prints, or character models, or such things for sale. But I will not buy into the NFTS.

I Also think its pretty shitty of the manager/owners to introduce NFT, then let the forums explode with hysteria without a hint of a manager involving themselves. That’s not a very nice thing to do to staff, especially before a major holiday.

At times I wonder about DAZ Store’s financial stability.

Their policies lately including embracing NFT and changing up the bundles, and introducing a GPU Reliant card during a pandemic are pretty poor decision.

I am losing a lot of online “friends” over this, I just cannot support it or cryptocurrency, it is worse than politics and religion for me, I can tolerate differences on those subjects a lot easier. :no_mouth:

I guess I am too green in my attitudes because that is often the reason for a lot of my choices in life.

The big one being not having kids, I see very little future for our environment and didn’t want to condemn my descendants to that life, better for them not to be born and add to the problem.

2 Likes