One question about - Post Denoiser

Yes. The EV setting is directly related to the f/stop, ISO, and shutter speed of the rendering camera. You can either use the EV or adjust the shutter, ISO, f/stop, and shutter speed. But not both.

And I probably should have masked that out. Those values are not one-size-fit all. They need to be adjusted for each scene depending on the lighting and the setting individually.

DAZ Studio by default uses an INSANE default EV setting (and f/stop and shutter speed) setting which requires all the lights in a scene to be turned up super bright to compensate for the super fast shutter speed and small aperture.

I wrote a whole post about it here: For the love of all gods tweak your scene’s lights and exposure values!

And I provide a hand guide to the Exposure Values here: Iray Exposure Value Settings

Bottom line is, the first thing you should do when you start any new scene is fix all the goddamn lights in your scene. Guaranteed their luminence levels are way too fucking high. Tamper those suckers down!

Use real world guides to help you. A 40W fluorescent light bulb has about 2500 lumens and about 4500K - 5500K color temperature.

So change all those Iray tube lights in your scene and adjust them like the way they should be.

Then once your lights are all adjusted you’ll find that you can’t see shit in your scene because your default Iray camera isn’t letting hardly any light in so then go in and adjust the EV settings to match the scene. And THEN if you need to adjust the f/stop and shutter speed of the render camera.

And if all this sounds like a pain, well welcome to real world photography.

Sure, cameras have auto-focus and auto-exposure, but no professional photographer uses auto-focus and auto-exposure. You need to get your hands dirty.

But when you get comfortable with these settings then you can use the Render Camera to your advantage and have it work FOR you.

:slight_smile: