Does anyone have any experience with the Rig-GNS tool from Shamsu Ddin on Gumroad?
How well does it work? Any limitations or “gotchas”?
Rig-GNS is a blender tool that rigs Genesis figures imported from Daz studio such that it is friendly for posing and animation in blender.
It also makes the Genesis figures copy a free animation template from http://www.mixamo.com
- Rig in just few clicks
- Full control of all body parts
- Over 50 control bones for facial expressions
- Copy mixamo animation templates
- Improved and simplified material shaders in both cycles and eevee.
- Manipulate Mixamo animation for countless motion possibilities.
- Now supports Blender 2.9.
- Auto adjust timeline to match Mixamo animation keyframes.
- Friendlier user interface.
Want to try first? Download Rig-GNS free version here
Note that the free version supports only Genesis-3-female. The free version does not support mixamo animation templates.
I’ve been using Rig-GNS for personal projects but then decided to release it to fellow artist in the hope it eases their animation pipeline.
Getting started with Rig-GNS