Tutorial: build your own 3 point light system

I’d be happier with this one if I could have included some diagrams or screenshots, but I thought it more important to go through the steps to make a reusable light system.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this. I followed along to this this morning and created the asset and save it. I have ran my first render and I really do like the way the lights hit. Great tutorial and pretty easy to follow a long to which I appreciate.

I do have a question though, In your tutorial it says to open the “Shaders workspace”, which I am not 100 percent sure what you were referring to on that. I just went under the surfaces tab under each item and found the emission setting and changed it to what it should be. I did see there were a couple of Shader builder things available but they didn’t look anything like what I needed so I just went to where I knew what I was doing lol.

Anyway thanks again I’m definitely hanging on to this for sure. Here’s a pic of the render. I was in a hurry because I had to head to work so the pose isn’t the best, the head is not exactly the way I would want it, but this is just using Juan and Jepe’s Body Hair and your 3 point lighting tutorial and I did move the camera of course but did not adjust lighting and only used scene lighting (4 hour render - rendered while I was working):

Thanks!

Surfaces tab is what I meant for me that’s in my Shading workspace - I’ll have to rephrase to make that more clear… image

Sorry, but I had to do a little Moderating. Let’s not add NSFW images to non NSFW Threads. Please edit the picture to be SFW if you want to add it to this thread. (That means the image stops above the waistline or he’s wearing pants. Blurs and stickers don’t quite make it safe for work enough if my boss were to walk behind me.)

2 Likes

I am so sorry, I really didn’t even think about it for some reason in my head I just assumed all of this forum was NSFW I guess. I’ll just keep the pic down, but thank you for removing it for me. But like I said thank you for the tutorial it really did come in hand and I’m glad to have it.

2 Likes