Your Favourite piece of work so far this year

Your a braver man than I am, :wink:

:sweat_smile: :innocent: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

So, I’m a novelist. I got into Daz with the intention of being able to create character studies and covers. I think my favorite picture this year was an initial draft of a character. But I decided to go a different direction with her. So. I’ll use this for some other character later on.

4 Likes

Excellent job, Love the POV & Lighting

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

I love this. Very nice. I’m assuming you write fantasy fiction? Are you published? Curious if you use KDP or Smashwords or something else.

one im especially proud of everything worked the way i wanted it to ( unusual for me lol ) direct and unforgiving with still an air of mystery about it hope you all like

8 Likes

Fantastic job, Superb work on the lighting

Wonderful image @renderscot! Welcome to the forums!

Incredible detail. Love the texture lighting and details! Fantastic!

I love this. This is stunning.

I write fantasy and science fiction, but with all the insane stuff happening in the world recently, I’ll probably stay off the sci-fi for a while. I’m self-published on Amazon, Kobo, B&N, and Apple.

Although… I kinda thought you knew that from FB… but obviously not.

Nope! Had no idea. I use Smashwords to publish all my books to the 'zon, Apple, etc. that’s why I was asking. Was just curious. :slight_smile: I’m always on the lookout for a better mousetrap!

I use Draft2Digital to post to the non-Zon outlets and for the initial pass at formatting the eBook versions. I even use it to format the ePub version that I upload to Zon, but Zon has some hardcoding to detect prologues and epilogues that strips off formatting and graphics (which is a pita.)

1 Like

Good to see I’m not the only writer here. I am also an author. I almost solely use KDP. I have some of my early stuff on smashwords, but that’s always just free stuff. My usual fare is crappy vampire fiction - more modern vampire urban fantasy than horror and certainly not vampmances. I’ve lose count of the number of books and it’s too early in the day to try to count, but it’s between 12 and 15 novels. plus a bunch of traditionally published shorts I’ve been a hobbyist with rendering software since the days of Poser 2 and been writing since a decade before that, but I never tried to do my own cover art until 2012. I haven’t really put any effort or money into marketing lately so my sales haven’t been covering my expenses lately, since I get professional editing. I only use MS Word for formatting my books and only publish through amazon. I do also have a RPG manual published, where I used Daz to create all of the art. - I used a very simplified comicish style of coloring so it worked out pretty well.

1 Like

thanks was just an HDRI that did all the work it helps when you have a great texture to start with

and thanks everyone for liking it theres some lovely renders here so far really gives an idea of what you folks are into rendering wise

wow you guys are authors as well definitely not my forte although i am a published photographer specializing in portraiture - you may just see tends to be my style in renders as well lol

1 Like

“Portrait of Athena” 9 x 12, Prismacolor on Strathmore 400 Grey toned paper. Reference: a Poser render

This is originally why I started using Poser. And why I still consider, for this venue a Poser piece.

6 Likes

This is a wonderful piece. I love it!

What a lovely portrait, Boni. I agree with you that Poser still excels at what it was originally made to do. Provide digital references to artists!

Beautiful.

1 Like

I like what you have done here, excellent job :smile:

1 Like

HONEY, that’s really gorgeous! WOW! :heart: