A Collection of Opinions and Observations from the DAZ 3D Marketplace.
So the bundle today is “From The Barracks” and it includes not one, not two, but FIVE products that have already been released. Which is fine, I guess. A way to drum up sales for older products. But the challenge for me, and I expect for you as well, is if I needed or wanted those older products in the first place, I would have already bought them.
Sushane isn’t very unique, and her emissive tattoos are too distracting and unnecessary.
Collection of 46 expressions for G8.1 with additional parameter dials to slow down your figure’s loading as well!
There are fundamental differences in the anatomy and locomotive capacity between men and women that are unfortunately not represented well in an otherwise decent set of poses.
Huge sewer/ “storm water” set for Studio is scaled pretty big and is quite expansive.
Collection of 2D plane “billboards” of hills and mountains with varying degrees of trees and lighting provide much needed background and filler for your scenes.
Set of alternate Iray textures and materials for the 1979 Citroën GS Club automobile for DAZ Studio.
Not a huge fan of long-form videos but this is a webinar of different speakers discussing techniques for overcoming obstacles for creating one’s art.
Kind of a mixed-bag this morning.
- Sushane is a Barbie Doll, but honestly at this point I expect that to be the norm.
- The expressions aren’t bad but that just means more parameter dials.
- Maybe I’m overthinking the dragging poses but I can’t help but not see the same male pose just applied to the female character and yet it’s called a different pose.
- The sewer/ storm water drainage system is kinda neat even if the pipes and grates are much too big.
- The hill billboards could be useful; I’m afraid though that the transparency around the edge might be an issue although none of that appeared in the promos.
- I wish there were better tutorials to show folks how to adjust the surface settings in old props to give them Iray materials rather than release just a pack of Iray only materials for a product.
- That webinar could be useful for artists that are struggling.
Since there weren’t a lot of “new” products released today, I’m going to try to add a Part 2 and Part 3 later on today if I have time.
I hope you found this useful!