Mike’s DAZ3D First Impressions for April 5, 2021

Mike’s DAZ3D First Impressions for April 5, 2021

After a two-day hiatus DAZ is back with some more releases!

Todays’ promo is “Bring Some Flare” and offers 50% or more in select artist stores.

Today’s Song: “Right Back Where We Started From” - Maxine Nightingale

MMX Beautiful Eyes 2 for Genesis 3 and 8

This is a set of 70 different eye colors, and 34 different sclera colors for your Genesis 8 and 3 characters from Mattymanx.

These are alternate-materials for the eye textures that may have come with your character. In total there are 140 separate textures for the eyes. The PA says that each color comes in two variants so if you have two characters with the same color eyes they won’t look the same. (Personally, I’d just kitbash the same eye color from another character if I was really that concerned about that.)

In total there are over (900) 2K textures in this release.

Iray Hard Surface Shaders Volume Three More Car Shades

This is a set of 50 hard-surface Iray shaders from Serum.

This set consists primarily of car shaders that can not only be applied to cars, but also to other hard surfaces as well and are perfect for re-shading and jazzing up your dull scenes and renders!

Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes - Milky Way

This is a set of (5) panoramic nighttime HDRI skydomes featuring our Milky Way galaxy from Orestes Graphics.

The HDRs are 8K (16384x8192) and have a dynamic range of 16 EVs.

Two vs One poses for Genesis 8

This is a set of (40) full-body poses for Genesis 8 from Scuffles3d.

Features (40) full-body poses for G8M and (40) full-body poses for G8F of two-against-one fighting/ bullying poses for your characters.

This is a unique pose set and is suitable for any scene where your interacting figures are either in a defensive or offensive situation.

Definitely buying.

dForce Flare Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

This is a (2) piece ensemble for G8 females from Romeo.

These bell-bottom pants and tops are dforce enabled and are available in 8 separate colors.

They say everything old is new again, but I’m not sure if I’m quite ready for bell-bottoms to come back in-style just yet. :wink:

dForce Flare Outfit Textures

A set of alternate materials for the Flare Outfit from Romeo.

Adds (12) additional textures and styles to the outfit.

FF’s Cyberpunk Apartment Life Poses for Genesis 8 Female

This is a pose set for G8F from FeralFey use with with the Compact CyberPunk Apartment.

A comprehensive pose-set consisting of (30) scene pose presets for various situations, (4) environment specific poses, (10) wearable presets to load props included in the environment, and (30) “use anywhere” poses.

Apparently there are no men in FeralFey’s Cyberpunk universe. Please bear in mind that a lot of these poses are quite feminine if you have plans to adapt these to your male characters.

I’m getting sick of this shit.

University Hall

This a University dorm room set/ environment from bituka3d.

This set features a small square room with a single entry/ exit door, two windows, two bunk beds with a study area/ closet underneath, a shared refrigerator, two rugs, a wire container, and several pillows.

I have no idea why this is called University Hall because I was thoroughly confused when I first saw the promo pictures trying to figure out what this was. I’m guessing it’s because there’s already a half-dozen or so other dorm-room sets and environments already available in the DAZ3D store. :slight_smile:

None of the pillows, blankets, or other items are listed as supporting dforce. An environment HDRI is included.

With all sarcasm implied, it’s nice to see DAZ 3D step right back into their old habits of only releasing products that cater to female characters.

Is it too difficult to tell a PA when they submit a product to sell, “We’d love to accept this product but we’re going to need you to create a version for our male characters as well.”

Of course not.

DAZ3D just has to have the will and desire to do it.

As always, curious what you think about today’s post! The good, the bad, and especially the ugly. Please feel free to leave me your comments below.

Thanks, and be kind to yourself and each other.

2 Likes

I’m going to buy the two for one poses, since they are different and look useful. I would’ve liked to see what the male poses look like. It is annoying to only see the female versions. I can therefore assume the men’s are no different?

The rest of the releases seem boilerplate DAZ: female-centric daily releases. I guess I’ll go see if Rendo has any mens things.